Creating PDF Files
There are a variety of ways to create PDF files that differ from computer to computer.
Mac OS X
- In most applications, go to File > Print.
- In the Print dialog box you should see an option for "PDF" in a dropdown. The dropdown is at the bottom-left of the dialogue window.
- Select "PDF" and then click "Save as PDF".
You can also combine PDF files using the Mac Preview application.
Microsoft Word for Windows (XP and above)
- From your Word document, go to File > Save As.
- Select "PDF" from the "Save As" dropdown.
- Upload your file to Google Drive through your Google account.
- Open the file and click the printer icon.
- At the "Destination" setting, click "Change", select "Save as PDF" and click "Save".
There are a variety of other programs and services you can use to create PDFs on your computer. Search for "PDF Generation" or "PDF Creation" to find options available to you.
If your PDF file does not upload, please contact our technical support.
Reducing PDF Files so they conform to Gateway’s size requirements:
If the above steps do not work, please try printing the document out and re-scanning it with a lower resolution.
- Mac: use the Preview app to open the PDF -> click "File" -> click "Export" -> in the pop-up window choose "Reduce file size" for the "Quartz Filter" setting -> click "Save".
- Windows: Search online for a free “PDF Compressor Tool”.
Having trouble? Visit the Member Schools page at www.gatewaytoprepschools.com/member-schools for contact information